donatenew

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: TMJ treatment for Blepharospasm and Torticollis

TMJ treatment for Blepharospasm and Torticollis 9 months 6 days ago #4139

• Amanda6
  • Junior Boarder
Hi Youster,

You mention in your post that both your upper and lower braces have now been removed. Does that mean you are no longer wearing your lower splint? If so how did you find having to adjust to loss of height in the bite after the splint was removed?
I found it caused pain when eating after the splint was removed due to having less height on my molars. Just wondering if you had any issues like that.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

TMJ treatment for Blepharospasm and Torticollis 9 months 6 days ago #4140

• youster
  • Senior Boarder
Hi Amanda
Fortunately, I did not experience any pain after my lower splint was removed but eating was 'interesting' as many of my teeth did not meet!!
I am currently wearing 'train tracks', with elastics, top and bottom and , gradually, most of my teeth are beginning to meet. About 2 feel as if they are not meeting so, consequently, my bite is not quite right in that area.
Kind regards

TMJ treatment for Blepharospasm and Torticollis 1 week 5 days ago #4192

• KeithS
  • Junior Boarder
Any update from anyone on how you are doing with TMJ? I would like to give it a go and I notice that there is a very large and vociferous facebook group around the subject at present, who are pushing it as an effective treatment. Sadly, the cost seems to be in the region of 10k! :blink: :ohmy:

That's one heck of a risk if I'm just going to be buying a dentist a new Mercedes!

TMJ treatment for Blepharospasm and Torticollis 1 week 5 days ago #4195

• youster
  • Senior Boarder
Hello Keith

I have not seen the facebook comments but can tell you that my treatment started in 2014 and I expect it to come to an end in 2018. I am still wearing 'train tracks' with elastics but can honestly say that the majority of my symptoms have gone. I was diagnosed with blepharospasm and torticollis but all conventional NHS tests were clear. I feel as though I have got my life back as I didn't feel at all well before the treatment. My main problems were that I couldn't keep my eyes open and my head kept wanting to look at the floor and my symptoms were getting worse.

I was told before the treatment started that it will not work for everyone but, fortunately, it has worked for me. The cost you quote is correct.

I hope the above is helpful.

Kind regards
Time to create page: 0.115 seconds