Forum

donatenew

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: TMJ treatment for Blepharospasm and Torticollis

TMJ treatment for Blepharospasm and Torticollis 1 year 7 months ago #3942

• youster
  • Senior Boarder
Two years ago I was diagnosed with Blepharospasm and Torticollis and offered Botox by my local hospital. As my problems were with my eyes and neck and having looked at the pros and cons of Botox, I looked for an alternative as I wasn't happy with having Botox injected into my neck.

To cut a long story short; I am halfway through a two year course of TMJ treatment using dental appliances. Whilst I still have a few associated symptoms, my blepharospasm and torticollis have gone. I am no longer screwing up my eyes and blinking and my head no longer wants to twist to the left and touch my chest.

Is anyone else receiving this type of treatment? If so, I would be interested in hearing how it is progressing.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

TMJ treatment for Blepharospasm and Torticollis 1 year 6 months ago #3965

• PHARMALIE
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi Youster,

I am seeing the TMJ dentist on 13/07/16 for an initial consultation. I will keep you posted with an update. I have tried everything else so its not going to be cheap but if it works it will be worth it.

Thank You,
Ian

TMJ treatment for Blepharospasm and Torticollis 1 year 6 months ago #3981

• youster
  • Senior Boarder
Ian

I hope all goes well for you and I would be interested to hear about your progress.

Kind regards

TMJ treatment for Blepharospasm and Torticollis 1 year 5 months ago #4012

• PHARMALIE
  • Senior Boarder
Hi Youster,

I have seen the dentist and started treatment but I need a new gold filling in one of my back teeth before treatment can start. I will also probably need another tooth pulled and an implant fitted to replace it. I am having an MRI scan up in London,a Biopack examination and have yet to see a Podiatrist. I am interested to know if you had all these tests as well?

Kind Regards,
Ian

TMJ treatment for Blepharospasm and Torticollis 1 year 5 months ago #4013

• youster
  • Senior Boarder
Hi Ian

I didn't have the fillings but yes, I had MRI scans in London, Biopack testing and also saw a Podiatrist. As a result, I have insoles which I put into any pair of shoes that do not have heels. It was also recommended that I take up Pilates.

Kind regards
Liz

TMJ treatment for Blepharospasm and Torticollis 1 year 5 months ago #4015

• PHARMALIE
  • Senior Boarder
Hi Youster,

Thank you for the quick reply. My mother thinks I am wasting my money (she used to be a GP) but I disagree with her as medicine has changed in the last 60 years. This treatment is going to cost me a lot of money but if it works I think its worth it. I will let you know how things progress.

Many Thanks,
Ian
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds