Forum

donatenew

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: botox issues

botox issues 2 years 8 months ago #3593

• ninny55
  • Fresh Boarder
I received botox in my neck 3 weeks ago and it has made me feel much worse because now
I cannot bend down or even plant flowers... Is this normal>>>>> I was diagnosed with cervical dystonia in March 2014.. after 4 years of having problems with pain ... my pain was never in my neck but around the base of my skull...... but not like a headache... and I have felt like there was muscle pulling in that area..; anyway....... I went to a new primary care physician one week after getting the botox.. and she told me she does not think I have cervical dystonia; she thinks I have cervical spondylosis...... This has been very confusing to me... If anyone reading this forum has knowledge or advice they might give to me.. I would sure appreciate it ... thank you in advance >:)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

botox issues 2 years 8 months ago #3598

• Amypsmith
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi, when I first started having botox injections they would make not only my usual affected areas much worse, but also seemed to affect my entire body, making walking very difficult. However, I have found that this has lessened with the number of injections I have had, over time, and now I see more benefit. Its only anecdotal, but I have experienced the worsened state you describe. It's probably best to ask your neurologist about this some more and ask them to explain in more detail!
The following user(s) said Thank You: ninny55

botox issues 1 year 6 months ago #3998

• GJan
  • Junior Boarder
Hi. I understand what you mean by the pain round the base of your skull as I experience exactly the same thing. I have had Spondylosis for years as well as Cervical Dystonia and I've always felt this pain was due to the Spondylosis. Botox does nothing for it. Good luck with a clear diagnosis. All the best.
Time to create page: 0.126 seconds