Forum

donatenew

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Bletharospasm to Meige syndrome

Bletharospasm to Meige syndrome 3 years 8 months ago #3083

• Judyc
Hi. My name is Judy, 54 yrs, living in Perth Western Australia.

5 months ago my eyes started blinking frequently. My GP diagnosed infection then allergy then dry eye. Finally sent to ophthalmologist who diagnosed Bletharospasm. He sent me to another opthalmologist who gave me injections of Botox into both upper and lower eyelids. With in weeks my mouth and jaw and my neck started spasming I was sent to one neurologist then another who gave me injections of Botox into my neck on both sides.
Currently ( 1 month after Botox in the neck) my neck is still spasming and my eyes also making it difficult to walk, do every day activities like cleaning , gardening. I can not drive at all. I gave up work 3 months ago.
I am hopeful that the Botox will work for me.
I would be interested to hear from other and their stories. Hopefully , ones with good outcomes.
Has anyone had any success with acupuncture? I am thinking of travelling to Melbourne to set an acclaimed Chinese Acupuncturist who says he can help me.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Bletharospasm to Meige syndrome 3 years 5 days ago #3436

• Steph2014
  • Silver Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
Hi Judy

I have blepharospasm too, plus I think my cheek and lip on one side get involved. I was just wondering if you travelled to see the acupuncturist and, if so, any luck?

Thanks

Stephanie
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.136 seconds