donatenew

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: glasses

glasses 3 years 10 months ago #2960

• Mermaid
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I am having Botox for my eye dystonia. I have dark glasses with wide sides but the wind still bothers my eyes. Can anyone recommend where i can buy dark glasses that would protect my eyes. Thanks in advance
The administrator has disabled public write access.

glasses 3 years 10 months ago #2970

• Steph2014
  • Silver Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
Being newly diagnosed, I don't have correct sunglasses either. All I have are Pound shop sunglasses! I thought they were dark enough but just realised today that actually they can be seen through in strong sunlight. I'm probably just going to try chemists and then ask my optician. I can't afford an expensive pair. You could shop online, only you don't get to try on. That's all I can suggest.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mermaid

glasses 3 years 10 months ago #2986

• Steph2014
  • Silver Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
I went looking for an optician that might have the FL-41 lenses today. I tried three different places and none had them in but in the third one, I found a really helpful optician who spent ages with me and looked up the lenses for me. Of course I couldn't stop my eye closing off and on all the time the whole time he spoke with me. He then gave me some sunglasses to try on in the shop and, lo and behold, my squinting and blinking stopped. Completely gone. I was so amazed. It wasn't FL-41 but it was an amber tint and he said it blocked out the blue light. Of course the big test would be if I was out and about walking to see if it happened then. But at least I now know, it's the blue light my eyes just can't handle. The downside of course is the price and what would I buy when I have to wear glasses anyway. But at least it was something good.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mermaid

glasses 3 years 3 months ago #3312

• Bookworm 62
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I know I'm joining this discussion rather late but thought I'd throw in my experiences. After being diagnosed with Blepharospasm in early 2013 I was able to get a pair of glasses made with FL41 tinted prescription lenses at my local high street chain of opticians. I knew from researching these that people had mixed experiences of their effectiveness but felt I had to given them a go just to see if they helped. I must say that I haven't found them to be of any more benefit than wearing a decent pair of sunglasses. I usually wear sunglasses which screen out UV light and have large enough lenses to fully cover my eyes; I find the 'wrap-around' style is the best as it gives you some screening at the sides too. However, the glasses I find most effective are the dark 'overglasses' which filter the light all around the eyes, including the top and sides. They aren't that attractive for wearing out and about in town but I find them invaluable if I'm working in the garden on a sunny day or going for a walk in the countryside. You can buy them from decent opticians and online.
BW,
Janine P.
Time to create page: 0.115 seconds