donatenew

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Botox - how long to kick in?

Botox - how long to kick in? 5 years 3 months ago #1470

• Sarah
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello,

I've been recently diagnosed with blepharospasm which is aggravated by the fact that I have Tourette type tics around my eyes and eyebrows.

I had my first dose of Botox 3 days ago and apart from my eyes feeling very heavy and almost like they don't belong to me (weird feeling), I have not noticed any difference to the blinking or tics. I know they said it could take a few days to kick in, but wondered what other people's experiences were and whether the heaviness goes or is just part of the deal.

Thanks,

Sarah
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Botox - how long to kick in? 5 years 2 months ago #1517

• felini
  • Senior Boarder
Hi Sarah
Just found your post. I hope you are now finding better results. The effects of Botox can take all sorts of times to have effect. I myself have had a 'result' within two days and others I have begun to think the injections were fake. They tend to work in the end to a lesser or greater degree. The problem is we are all different and so the results can vary as the injections are not a precise art. Just remember you are not alone. Whilst we do not have a cure we can at least talk to others with the same problems despite the condition being somewhat rare.
Regards
Felini

Botox - how long to kick in? 4 years 4 months ago #2532

• Mermaid
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I had botox injections on monday 4 days ago. I had the injections around my left eye and one in my jaw again on the left side. My jaw and tongue movement is worse now. I am in so much pain though my tongue rubbing on my teeth and where i have bitten my gum. Any one have any advice for me.

Botox - how long to kick in? 3 years 2 weeks ago #3423

• Rick
  • Junior Boarder
Hi Guys

I have been having the Botox injections for 9 months now without much sucsess unfortunately.

Dose any body know of anything els that could help,

I am waring dark glasses and a peaked cap which helps.

Many thanks in advance
Rick
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds