donatenew

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Botox injections not working

Botox injections not working 1 year 7 months ago #3952

• Janeycat
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Im in the West Midlands. Unfortunately thete is no way to share privately on here or we could have a chat.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Botox injections not working 1 year 7 months ago #3955

• rka
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Hi just read your reply .....I am interested in your reference to going to a private neurologist in London. I have been having Botox for over 2 yrs with no effect despite positive frontal is test. What happens to the relationship with your local neurologist......do you then get sidelined locally afterwards? Presumably they know as you need to provide all medical info and would need referral from local gp?. I have been given pregabalin and zopiclone as unable to sleep because of head movement.

Botox injections not working 1 year 7 months ago #3958

• Tim G
  • Silver Boarder
Hello rka,
Not sure if ts is my posting you are replying to. Although I go down to London from Merseyside, , it is not private. I was referred to the National Hospital by my local neurologist as medications and two cycles of botox did not work. I am treated very well down there, but no results yet. I see my local man every 12 months just to keep in touch.

Botox injections not working 1 year 7 months ago #3959

• Janeycat
  • Senior Boarder
Hey Tim how ya doing?
Rka.. Not sure what you mean sidelineing.. I decided to go for a private neuro having done some research and just carried on his NahS clinic. I let previous consultant know no hard feelins intended to return more locally at a later date as I thought the facilities would be better at one of the main centres in London.
Have a chat to the helpline ladies. They are super fab!

Botox injections not working 1 year 7 months ago #3960

• Janeycat
  • Senior Boarder
Sorry typos!!!

Botox injections not working 1 year 6 months ago #3961

• Tim G
  • Silver Boarder
Hello Janeycat. Thanks for asking after me. Hope all is not too bad with you. Went last week to London for more botox and got some in my index finger to show if it is working, which it is after 3 days. However the increased dose in my tongue has made my speech worse. Not sure if this is temporary as happened before, or I can not take any more toxin as swallowing is a bit more difficult. Whether this will result in any benefit remains to be seen. So hard to keep positive at moment
Time to create page: 0.128 seconds