Forum

donatenew

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Artist

Artist 2 years 7 months ago #3631

• Taiga
  • Fresh Boarder
I think I have dystonia in my neck and shoulder which aslo effects my right arm and hand. I haven't been diagnosed yet but my mom and grandma had the same thing so I'm certian I have it now as unconftable symptoms have stared to show such as tremors and a small amount of pain.

I am an artist but I have always had a shakey hand. I'm scared that I wont be able to continue in my profession with dystonia, anyone advise?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Artist 2 years 7 months ago #3633

• Hannah.Prime
  • Thank you received: 4
Hi Taiga,

We have a Helpline if you want to talk to anyone about this. It's open 10am-4pm Monday-Friday and you can call them on 0845 458 6322 or email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Hannah Prime
Trust Fundraiser, The Dystonia Society

Artist 2 years 7 months ago #3642

• yvoaus
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi, Taiga, I am an artist too and have cervical dystonia. This causes a variable right hand tremor. I am s/e and have to sit on a sofa to work, supporting my shoulders with cushions. I have to work around the hand tremors by doing other art stuff that doesn't require a steady hand. I have been refused PIP.
It is very difficult just to do the statutory requirement of 30 hours a week, but there is no option. I can't drive with this condition either. Yvoaus

Artist 2 years 3 months ago #3727

• Annie
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi, I,ve had severe neck dystonia for about 15 months, which was a sudden on set and was extremely hard to deal with. My head would shake continually. I continued to work in design full time serving customers and going to site meetings. It made me stronger , yes privately I would crack up. But I have now had three lots of Botox , which has made a massive improvement.for how long it will continue ? But I have done some of my best work through this period of hard times, Never give up ,I,m sure you will continue to let your artist nature shine through.
Time to create page: 0.111 seconds