donatenew

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Symptoms

Symptoms 2 years 9 months ago #3560

• lzsmrck
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello!
I am newly diagnosed with adult onset cervical Dystonia. My contractions do reach to my lower back, face, and left hand when I storm though. I have a question about the consistency of symptoms- or lack thereof in my case- and whether that could mean something else or not. I specifically asked my doctor if he presumed my issue is psychogenic, but he reassured me that it is not. With that being said, do your symptoms wax and wane? I have good days and bad days, but almost always when I am at home, I have very subtle symptoms if any at all. Then when I leave the house, the symptoms will come on. Stress and getting startled are also big factors in the exacerbation of my symptoms as well. Anyway, I wanted to know if anyone else out there with this condition has had a strange inconsistency in symptoms between home and the outside world. (?)
I greatly appreciate your time!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Symptoms 2 years 9 months ago #3561

• LaLa
  • Fresh Boarder
Stress and physical activity are huge factors for me. Being home in a calm relaxed environment keeps my symptoms very minimal but even then if I get stressed or sick it's going to affect me. The more movement and noise I am around the more likely I am to have a storm. On good days I experience tremors, ticks in my muscles and my toes jerk on bad days my head is pulled to one side, my body jerks violently and my foot is twisted inward. Remember we don't all have the same exact symptoms. It helps to know your triggers so pay attention to sound, lighting even positions you stand or sit in. Didn't realize these things were such factors for me until my doc pointed it out. Hope this helps.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds