Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: A mixture of symptoms

A mixture of symptoms 2 years 9 months ago #3541

• Sianp83
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi all,
My name is Sian and I'm 32. Was diagnosed a week ago with dystonia in my neck. It started as a tremor, along with stiffness and pain to my neck, shoulder and left arm. Having my first Botox treatment in my neck tomorrow. However, in the last few days I've been experiencing new symptoms...a sharp stabbing pain under my jawline (left side), a cramping sensation in my left hand (after exercise) and a similar cramping feeling in my left foot (also after exercise). Im also getting random twitches on both left and right parts of my body. If my head tremor is particularly bad, I'm sometimes having trouble getting my tongue around certain words. But my symptoms come and go. Somedays are good, some are bad. I know it's different for everyone but I'm terrified its getting worse and feeling quite alone. Has anyone else experienced such a vast array of symptoms?
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mariahopgood

A mixture of symptoms 2 years 9 months ago #3542

Hi I'm 46 I was told I had Dystonia in my neck in August in October it went all down my left side I was referred to queen square hospital I go tomorrow I have waited so long and it seems to be going from my left cheek to my left foot I feel like I'm falling apart .

A mixture of symptoms 2 years 9 months ago #3543

Hi I'm 46 I was told I had Dystonia in my neck in August in October it went all down my left side I was referred to queen square hospital I go tomorrow I have waited so long and it seems to be going from my left cheek to my left foot I feel like I'm falling apart I'm also getting Botox tomorrow .

A mixture of symptoms 2 years 9 months ago #3544

How did the Botox go I'm having a lot of the same things happening to me what hospital are you under ? X

A mixture of symptoms 2 years 9 months ago #3546

• Sianp83
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Thank you for your reply. Had my Botox last night, not had any effect yet. My head tremor actually seems worse today. But, it takes a few days to kick in so fingers crossed. I went private in Newport because the wait in swansea is 9 months. Hoping now I've been diagnosed it'll speed up the process. I'm self employed at present and considering selling my business as I believe the stress is a big factor in my sudden onset. I have a long history of Anxiety/ panic attacks. Think I need to consentrate on becoming a more balanced being. Neurologist told me he couldn't relate the hand and foot cramping or my irritated eyes to my neck tremor. I'm concerned I'm creating these symptoms through worry :( have you had your Botox yet?

A mixture of symptoms 2 years 9 months ago #3547

Yes I went to see [moderated: removed name of medical professional] in London I was diagnosed with functional Dystonia brought on by cervical Dystonia and I had my Botox in both sides of my neck and my shoulder muscles and more blood tests and I go back in July only had the Botox done yesterday shoulders and neck a bit tender and stiff the said I need pt to help I hope it dose I need to go back to work next month hope all goes well with you x
Last Edit: 2 years 9 months ago by Hannah.Prime. Reason: Removed name of medical professional
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds