donatenew

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Neck &shoulder, possible dystonia affecting thumb

Neck &shoulder, possible dystonia affecting thumb 3 years 8 months ago #3074

• Hudson
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi all, I hope today's been good to you. I have suspected neck & shoulder dystonia, 3 and half years of neck and should pain and lack of movement I have still not yet been confirmed as having dystonia I am just told it looks like it and am being treated with Botox in the top of my neck/ base of skull and trapezius. For the past maybe 2 years my thumb and hand have become weaker on the side I have my symptoms on. Numerous times I have put this down to muscle wasting and not using my arm properly as my should is generally raised. Sometimes I can't cut up food,hold hands with my boyfriend, changing gears is sometimes an issue also. Recently mentioned to neuro consultant was told this does happen with people with dystonia. Does anyone else have thumb/index finger issues with neck/shoulder dystonia. Gp now referring me for physio on my thumb as agrees excessive muscle wasting in muscle between thumb and index finger and she thinks is caused by dystonia like condition. If anyone does have this issue would be great to hear from you and about anything that may help. Thanks Huds
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Neck &shoulder, possible dystonia affecting thumb 2 years 8 months ago #3609

• julietab
  • Senior Boarder
  • ive suffered with cervical dystonia for 12 years
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi I'm julie I've suffered from neck/shoulder dystonia for 13 years. Also affects left and right arms. I've trird physiotherapy didn't work for me. I've also had acupuncture which left me in absolute agony.. I now take tablets every day and have botox every 3mths. It doesn't help that much but keeping it up. As long as you have a good support network of familyit makes it easier to keep going everyday. Hope this is helpfull.
ive suffered with cervical dystonia for 11years.Im happily married with 2 children age 18 and 14. This is the first website ive been on. And it feels great to no that i can talk to others with the same condition. Hopefully i can chat with a few people who can relate with me about having dystonia
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds