Copy failed

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: PIP success !! Woohoo

PIP success !! Woohoo 1 year 2 months ago #4064

• Richards
  • Junior Boarder
:woohoo: I just wanted to let you know that all is not lost. I received my PIP award today less than a month after the application and only two weeks since the assessment - success !! I managed the 8 points to get the standard rate but nothing for mobility (which I think is wrong ) but on this occasion I'm not going to argue. There is light at the end of the tunnel. My assessor was efficient and friendly and it all went smoothly - something I never thought I would say
Last Edit: 1 year 2 months ago by Richards.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

PIP success !! Woohoo 1 year 2 months ago #4068

• Supergran
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 15
Congratulations! I went for my interview and left in an ambulance straight to hospital as the stress of the interview brought on a dystonic storm...funny now but not at the time!

Christine x

PIP success !! Woohoo 1 year 2 months ago #4069

• Richards
  • Junior Boarder
I do hope it all works out for you. Maybe the assessors are finally getting the message about Dystonia, mine certainly knew about it. If you left to go to hospital I would hope there was no question bout yours. I also have a carer now to come and make my evening meal which is lovely - and such a help - it makes a difference from microwave meals !

PIP success !! Woohoo 1 year 2 months ago #4070

• nrps43
  • Junior Boarder
I managed to get PIP- enhanced living/ std mobility. I had the support of the welfare rights officer for Derbyshire. It will not get reviewed until 2019. Just had a ESA assessment and remain in the support group. The doctor had been lectured by my neurologist.

PIP success !! Woohoo 1 year 2 months ago #4071

• Supergran
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 15
I got high rate PIP mobility and Care for life my dystonia is generalised and quite severe, I am now in a wheel chair but at the time of the interview I was on crutches. The interview took forever and I took a friend with me who answered some of the questions to give me a break....like describe the cup you use ! My spasms had started due to the discomfort of being made to sit and answer questions for an hour and when I stood to leave I had a dystonic cough down the side of my ribs and my intercostal muscles went into spasm. It was horrible I just wanted out of there but the person doing the interview insisted on an ambulance because of the breathing involvement and phoned 999. I was mortified, looked like something from a freak show and the number of people who came out for a look at the show did not help!

The paramedics were less than impressed! and got me to hospital very quickly but then I was put in a queue in the hallway on a trolley. My breathing was making a horrendous noise and eventually they pulled me out the queue and took me through for treatment. The whole day was a nightmare I hope I never have to go through again!

Christine x

PIP success !! Woohoo 1 year 2 months ago #4072

• nrps43
  • Junior Boarder
My problems start when I get to hospital. The paramedics are great. The doctors do not know what to do and make no effort to empathise with my condition. At least the interviewer saw what a Dystonic storm looks like.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.127 seconds