Forum

donatenew

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: help has this made my dystonia worse ?

help has this made my dystonia worse ? 3 years 2 months ago #3361

• Supergran
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 15
Hi Steph just wanted to share with you that my generalised dystonia was as a consequence of work....I was assaulted in the line of duty so to speak around 14 years ago. So my question to you....have you applied for industrial injuries benefit through DWP? I did and got called back in for reassessment about every 2 years or so but after my last assessment I have just been awarded the industrial injuries pension for life. Also have you applied for PIP which will get you a blue badge, contribute towards running a car which gives you back your freedom etc.

All of this is very helpful to your confidence and dignity eg you are not sitting on a bus or having to wait for family to ferry you around etc and well worth considering. I was strongly encouraged to make these applications and never for a moment did I think that anything would come of it. I went to an ATOS assessment and my spasms with the stress of it were so bad I left in an ambulance straight to hospital having politely refused the offer of a 999 call it was taken out of my hands and the nurse phoned it. I was so miserable then put it to the back of my mind and when I got the acceptance letter I kept reading it and trying to fit my life into what they were saying as some of the things they said I could do were wrong and I felt that I was better than they had assessed me in other things. I eventually had to put it away and just get on with it.

Good luck I hope I have given you something to think about and for the record be careful making decisions about work if you are not in the right frame of mind to do so. Obviously only you can assess this but I have stood in those particular shoes and am now pleased that my boss took them off me!!!

God Bless XXX
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds