Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Reduction in hours at work

Reduction in hours at work 3 years 5 months ago #3207

• Tez
  • Silver Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Sensible to take time off before and after going away, I too find this helps. Am having to make decisions about work as I can't manage F/T hours. I have been using my A/L to have 1 or 2 days off each week since March this year and was off sick last year from August to this February. I have mtgs with HR, Union rep, Occ Health and pensions agency at the mo. Work have offered me temporary reduction in hours, obv means reduced salary. Might go for that with a view to ask for permanent P/T. Don't know if I would be entitled to PIP ? to help money wise. I have dystonia with dystonic tremor and myoclonus.

Any advice would be very welcome

Many thanks

Theresa
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Reduction in hours at work 3 years 5 months ago #3211

• Nicola
  • Senior Boarder
Hi I started a new job 2 months ago I'm a carer I only work 22hrs per week and find that's enough I can manage to do it but do suffer from great fatigue I explained all this at my interview . I don't work a full day as shifts are 12hrs with an hour dinner and two 15mins break couldn't do it. So I work a half shift I do remind them as I have been asked to do extra, but I know I would suffer badly if I did. Sometimes feel guilty as I know there short but you have to think of your own health I do miss full time money but you do adapt . If dropping your hours is what you need go for it they do have to make adjustments hope this helped a bit .. I also worked at a library and they where very good with me Nicola.

Reduction in hours at work 1 year 1 month ago #4099

• FOGGY
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,
I was diagnosed with dystonia 10 years ago. I was able to keep working though with reduced days and hours after around 6 months on sick leave. However the job would have been lost in the company's restructuring at some point and I left moving onto a new career change which proved beneficial.
These days I am employed as a carer working part time 4 days a week and on about 23 hours. I found it's best to be honest with an employer (sometimes easier said than done !). Also know your limits and try and stick to them. Mornings I find usually manageable though afternoons can be a challenge.
Give it your best shot ! (usually say this to my consultant when receiving botox injections!)
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds