Forum

donatenew

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Jobs

Jobs 3 years 8 months ago #3054

• Nicola
  • Senior Boarder
Hi I was made redundant 2 months ago and I'm dreading trying to get an other job, I've had an interview already and it was going great then comes the question what are you able to do? here comes the answers from me explaining about my dystonia and what I would be able to do ( ie ) capable hours how I get effected with symptoms, I just dread having to tell the truth and be honest about it . I feel so depressed and down and just think I'm not going to get it !! I have even been to the doctors and request to see someone to talk to hence well being clinic. I was such a strong motivated person holding down three jobs once now struggle with daily routines. Due to fatigue I'm receiving help I get PIP and even have a blue badge which is great in one way but feel ashamed in another is this usual to feel like this or is it just me going MAD!!! even walking I'm slow get out of breath and feel older people are more fitter than me walking and over taking me probably being stupid here but it's getting me down sorry for rant and feeling sorry for myself just so fed up of trying to be the person that I was thanks Nicola
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Jobs 3 years 8 months ago #3057

• bectongirl
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Be prepared, in your interviews, to tell them why you are the best person to do the job. Having an illness doesn't change the fact that you are still the best person to do the job. Be as enthusiastic and comitted as you can be and that will give yourself the best chance!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nicola

Jobs 3 years 8 months ago #3060

• Deckland
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
Hi Nicola,
firstly, calm down girl, Christ!!! :P
Worrying yourself sick isn't going to help you in the interview.
If you're so worried about what you're going to say about your Dystonia, what about an open letter with all the details in it. You could read from it in the interview or place a copy in with your CV or application form.
Also, have you thought about taking some time off working? My neck and head tilt/tremor have reduced because I don't have the physical or emotional stress of going to work every day.
Whatever you decide, good luck.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nicola

Jobs 3 years 8 months ago #3066

• Nicola
  • Senior Boarder
Hi thanks Deckland, some good advice you've given me. Proberly need to take a chill pill lol! Not working at the moment and yes I do feel better, but still want to be working at some point. Just need to slow down I think hard to adjust thanks for replying Nicola
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds