donatenew

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: work - time off because of dystonia

work - time off because of dystonia 4 years 1 month ago #2751

• Supergran
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 15
Could I ask if anyone has lost their job because of dystonia? I am struggling with a full time job and have been off work for 5 weeks. We have absent monitoring and if I lose my job I wouldnt know what to do.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

work - time off because of dystonia 4 years 2 weeks ago #2809

• Cat
  • Silver Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi Supergran Sorry you aren't so good at the moment. I have had time off this year and am 'in trouble' with HR at work. It feels horrible. I am hoping to keep my job but it's a worry. The Equality Act gives some protection. There is the Dystonia Society helpline and ACAS helpline. I hope that things improve for you. I love my job and it's a good escape/distraction from my symptoms.

work - time off because of dystonia 4 years 4 days ago #2828

• kazmazza
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi supergran, i remember your worries so clearly, i had a lot of time off due to my neck spasms and had the same worries as you, unfortunately i was called in to work and " retired due to ill health" as soon as i got my diagnosis. I have been told recently that this may not be lawful though but as the company no longer exists i do not think redress would be an option for me. If i were in the position now i would take advice to see if they can lawfully end the contract, i wish i had as i have been unable to secure a job ever since and its over 10 years now! i have not even been able to get to the interview stage which is very frustrating as i am only 51. Gather lots of advice just in case they call you in and then at least you will be aware of your rights just in case. Good luck to you.

work - time off because of dystonia 3 years 10 months ago #2961

• Supergran
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 15
Job worries again!!!

I went to Occ Health everything was fine was given tasks to do.....speak to first aid person; do a PEEP ie evacuation plan for a fire should there be one .....management have been so supportive they have been amazing.....so what is the problem? ....Occ Health has now decided that he is not happy with the GP information and now wants to write to the hospital for a report from Neurologist This will be the same Consultant that told me people with my level of acute generalised dystonia do not work OMG!!!! how is this going to pan out??????

Having a nervous breakdown here!!!!............

Christine X
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds