Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Harrassment from Line Manager

Harrassment from Line Manager 4 years 7 months ago #2244

• jayceebrie
  • Silver Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
:(
I have cervical dystonia and am over due for my botux injections as I had a throat infection the last time I went to clinic. I am now taking double dose of clomazapam which means after 6 hours at work I am pretty much tired out. I am going to work but did have to have a couple of days off last week when my partner rang my line manager to say my neck was really bad and I wouldn't be coming into work.
On my return to work I had the return to work interview with my line manager. (I am responsible for the mobile library service and 10 vehciles and 24 staff. We are also going through a review and some of my staff have left through retirement but also because they are fed up).
My manager started off by saying 'I hate mobiles' bearing in mind she is new to me as a line manager and has never had any invlolvement in mobile libraries and doesn't hide the fact that she can't be bothered with them.
I was also asked why didn't I ring in last week about my neck instead of my partner?
Today i feel is the final straw as I am at another office were I am supposed to be keeping an eye on staffing, timetables, stockwork etc, becuase the postholder has retired and there is no-one to do the job. So I have this on top of my own job. My manager has been emailing me asking, what has happened about this? what's happening with these particular staff? and now she's just sent me another date for an attendance review meeting.
I am really sick to my teeth with this and want to complain about her but don't know were to go as she is very friendly with HR.
Please advise.
Thank you.
Jayne Wainwright
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Harrassment from Line Manager 4 years 7 months ago #2250

• Paul.King
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 5
Hi Jayne,

You might want to discuss this with our advocacy service. You can call 0845 458 6322 or email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..
Paul King
Moderator / Dystonia Society CEO

Harrassment from Line Manager 4 years 5 months ago #2415

• jayceebrie
  • Silver Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Thank you for your reply. I will email the support group.
I am continuing to be monitored by my line manager and HR. I have been told that if my work attendance doesn't improve then I could lose my job. I haven't been off with my neck for some time as feel as though I can't. Although I did have to have some time off a couple of weeks ago because my mother died.
Jayne
Jayne Wainwright
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds