Copy failed

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Tiredness

Tiredness 2 years 2 months ago #3742

• Daf7d
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
How do people cope with tiredness. I've suffered with tiredness on and off for a while but the last few weeks I'm totally worn out. I'm at the point where I have to crawl up the stairs at night. My legs just don't want to function at the end of the day. I'm also gone off my food last few days which probably doesn't help. I'm on 9 madopar a day otherwise I'm fine.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Tiredness 2 years 2 months ago #3745

• William
  • Junior Boarder
One thing I've noticed is that my appetite has diminished but if I forget to eat then my dystonia gets worse.
You should force yourself to eat even if you don't feel hungry.
Have you tried Clonazepam rather than the drug you're taking?
It's far more effective for me, and is recommended by the three doctors that treat me.

Tiredness 2 years 2 months ago #3750

• Koala
  • Silver Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Hi,
Having dystonia makes our bodies tired as they are working all the time just so we can try and function. I had a dr tell me once that my body is working like a triathlete, that everyday it is working really hard just so I can do things. But I have to say my body doesn't look like a triathlete....

But sometimes I have to remind myself that you have to stop and just rest, even though we don't like to give into the dystonia, but somehow it always wins. Your body is telling you to rest, I am sitting here feeling tired, but like you think I should be able to keep doing things..... so I should practise what I am writing and go and lay down to get some more energy.

It is not good that you have gone off your food, as you really need to look after your body, as we are using lots of energy.

Hope you are feeling a bit better now since writing on the forum.

Have a good day.
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds