donatenew

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Accupuncture and dystonia

Accupuncture and dystonia 2 years 4 months ago #3698

• Supergran
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 15
Has anyone tried this and if you have how did you get on?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Accupuncture and dystonia 2 years 4 months ago #3699

• Supergran
  • Platinum Boarder
First session of acupuncture today! and a little weird to say the least. Needles applied and then told to relax lying down on a couch. My arm became very heavy and this sensation moved down my right side the needles had to be adjusted a couple of times as the muscle movements were in full swing. My session was over and I had a chat with the doctor cant help but feel he has not dealt with dystonia before as when we chatted about the sensation of heavy arm etc brought a huge smile to his face in a good way.

I am now home and feel very tired in a good way ....relaxed; pain has reduced with painkillers working better than they have in weeks; the shaking and tremor which is throughout my body has significantly settled down in a way that has put a smile on my face as the neurologist told me there was nothing more they could do! all in all its early days I had done some research on this and found a report that stated acupuncture had worked but had to be done every 2 weeks to maintain the improvements so watch this space and I will keep you posted. Biggest improvement is pain management, reduction in tremors and spasms are less severe.

Accupuncture and dystonia 2 years 4 months ago #3706

Hi, I've just been referred for acupuncture and I was wondering if it would be worth it...but thankyou, you've motivated me!!

Accupuncture and dystonia 2 years 4 months ago #3709

• Supergran
  • Platinum Boarder
I wish you good luck you could keep me posted I was at Neuro physio today and she is going to access acupuncture on the NHS for me so I dont have to pay for it I would say the treatment lasted around 8 days but I have had a heavy week with hospital appointments and I do think that I would pay for another session after the hospital appointments have calmed down,

All the best xx
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds