donatenew

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: stress and anxiety. How to manage it

stress and anxiety. How to manage it 4 years 5 months ago #2489

• Mermaid
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
do any members have any tips on how to manage the above. I have Meige and the pain in my face is awful at times. The only medicine I am on for pain is co codamol. The pain is headaches,ear pain jaw pain. Along with that is the eye spasms. I know it is made worse by worrying but how to I stop the worry. I feel I am so on my own here. Sorry I am having another bad day.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

stress and anxiety. How to manage it 4 years 5 months ago #2493

• Dotty1951
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
Hi mermaid,
So sorry to hear you are in so much pain , I don't think anyone realises the pain of distonia unless you have experienced it personally !! I would honestly suggest you keep going back to you're dr or whoever is treating you!! Don't suffer in silence , they may be able to give you advice on other medications you could try, or send you for a massage !! That really helped me when I felt no one was listening, although I had to pay for the treatment myself !! When you're in pain your muscles are tensed up. As you already know, so warm baths or wheat bags you can heat in the microwave may help !! I suffered for so long until I changed drs , then got the help I needed, keep going back until they listen its the only way!! I wish you well
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mermaid

stress and anxiety. How to manage it 4 years 4 months ago #2520

• jasmine
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 13
Hi,
Hope you're feeling better since your last post, I'm the same my condition is exasperated by stress and anxiety.I have done a program with www.expertpatients.co.uk/ maybe you could give it a go, it's free and helped me.

stress and anxiety. How to manage it 2 years 10 months ago #3530

• tonia
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Hi Mermaid.....regarding dealing with stress and anxiety, there is a great site called 'No More Panic'. Check it out if you haven't already done so.

stress and anxiety. How to manage it 2 years 10 months ago #3539

• roseannbeadle
  • Fresh Boarder
HELLO I AM A NEW MEMBER AND HAVE VOCAL DYSTONIA AND HAVE BOTOX INJECTIONS EVERY 3 MONTHS INTO MY VOCALS WHICH DOES HELP WITH MY VOICE.You said that you get eye spasms which could be causing your headaches and other pain.do you get injections for spasms as sounds like you have Bleprospasm which you can get injections for from your dystonia clinic.But you probs know about all this.?Sorry about the capitals as had my caps lock on.Hope you get some help.Rose.

stress and anxiety. How to manage it 1 year 7 months ago #3943

• Mermaid
  • Gold Boarder
Hello everyone. I sm still getting the botox injections for my eyes and facial jaw twisting. I get them every 3 months. At the moment i am waiting for my next session and I am in pain. The jaw movement and biting the gum and my tongue is awful. Has anyone any suggestions on how to control it please?
Time to create page: 0.120 seconds