donatenew

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Physiotherapy for Cervical Dystonia

Physiotherapy for Cervical Dystonia 4 years 6 months ago #2383

• Anke
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 10
My neurologist told me about a French physiotherapist, Jean Pierre Bleton, and his work with Cervical Dystonia, and recommended I'd follow his exercise programme. I had DBS on the 1st of July, and as my neck muscles are still very stiff, she felt this ST-specific programme would help. I attach a link to a pdf file of his that I found on the web, in case it is of help to someone (and has not been posted before)? All best, Anke

dystonia.tripod.com/bleton.pdf
Last Edit: 4 years 6 months ago by Anke.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Physiotherapy for Cervical Dystonia 4 years 6 months ago #2384

• ABWhisky
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 21
Anke

How are you doing following the operation? Its early days yet and possiblity too early to start exercising your neck. If you do, take it easy and don't overdo it. Check with your surgeon before you start.

Take care
Alison

Physiotherapy for Cervical Dystonia 4 years 6 months ago #2385

• ABWhisky
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 21
Forgot to say 'thanks for the link'

Alison

Physiotherapy for Cervical Dystonia 4 years 6 months ago #2390

• Anke
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 10
Thanks Alison for your concern, but I'm not about to launch into any heavy workouts at this point! As you say it is early days after my DBS and my physiotherapy and general progress is being closely monitored, and I'm to start slowly. But I did feel that the above physio programme could be of help to others since it is dystonia-specific, so hence the posting.

As to how I'm doing, am still recovering from the surgery etc. but definitely feeling a lot better. Thankfully I seem to be one of the lucky ones who has immediate improvements from the operation itself, but only time will tell if that will "hold". Am set at 1.5 V. both sides right now (need to still look into the other setting options, am still rather new at this!). First day after programming felt a bit weird, but so far so good. Am to go back in on the 2nd of August for the next session ...

Hope things are going well for you and wishing you all the best; especially that your DBS programming will go real well in the near future with some real solid progress. Anke

Physiotherapy for Cervical Dystonia 1 year 3 months ago #4043

• Milodaisy
  • Fresh Boarder
Anke,
I just read the article you posted. Thank you. This directly addresses my CD, and I am looking forward to trying many of these exercises.
best,
marie
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds