donatenew

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Calorie intake needed?

Re: Calorie intake needed? 6 years 2 months ago #361

• Katilea
  • Silver Boarder
I wouldn't be able to do the Roman chair.

I have been doing boxercise & tennis for cardio and pilates floor exercises for back/tummy/waist.

I've been told we can't spot reduce before, but despite this I've lost 12" off tummy (widest measurement around was 48 " originally now 36".. and waist gone down from 38 " to 34".

I wear a sauna belt around waist when I exercise and zaggora hot pants make area around tummy and thighs sweat more.. I've gone down from size 20 to size 16. My arms and legs are still the same, maybe I'm just lucky and the weight is genetically predisposed to come off my middle first!

I started in June so it's taken nearly 6 months to lose a stone and half but thats not bad really considering I've also got under active thyroid and I think my metabolism was slow.. it does seem to be coming off quicker now though!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Calorie intake needed? 6 years 2 months ago #365

• jwb1969
  • Silver Boarder
  • Thank you received: 8
Well, from your progress whatever you are doing is working; so keep up the great work.

Also remember the more active you stay, and gain muscle definition/tone through all your workouts & exercises you do; you will be raising your resting metabolism so you will be burning more calories at rest, than if you did no exercise at all. Plus muscle burns twice as much calories than fat tissue.

Great job.
James
---
My advice or suggestions is only from my intense research and my medical background learned via my father as an AF medic (20yrs) and my own self study. Additionally, from my OWN experience, since I ACTUALLY HAVE dystonia. Obviously you should consult a knowledgeable Dr in your area expertise...

Re: Calorie intake needed? 6 years 2 months ago #366

• Katilea
  • Silver Boarder
I would thought though that with the involuntary movement, even if mild.. by time I 've been awake like 16 hours I would burn at a slightly higher rate than what's average for someone my height and weight at sedentary? .. maybe having an under active thyroid also would affect that?.. so I wouldn't get the same burn rate as someone else who had dystonia for example but no thyroid issues to slow metabolism?

I have penpals with Athetoid CP who burn an incredible amount of calories a day, just from sitting in their chairs but their limbs constantly moving... mine isn't as severe as that but at rest I still move more than the average person without dystonia/ataxia. (who isn't intentionally exercising or fidgeting) and things like standing to transfer between chair and car takes me more effort than a non disabled person rising from one chair, taking a few steps than sitting in another?

I have done searches for calories burned from involuntary movement.. had some results from sites for Huntingtons and Parkinsons where people have asked and numbers have varied between 500 to 400-600, extra per day.... not sure if I'm burning that many on a rest day and maybe 1,000 extra with exercises on top?.. some weeks I've lost 2-3lbs in one go but others its stayed the same so I'm not sure... maybe it depends on how twitchy my muscles are to start with and whether I've exercised on top of that?

It's been interesting researching anyway and I feel I've learnt to control and understand my body much better particuarly with the Pilates, which has helped alot with gaining better voluntary control. (ie moving hands to type).. but although I still don't have control over the involuntary movements, I can deliberately stiffen for a short while or focus on one limb to control the opposite one which has been a bizarre (and accidental) discovery. It's a complex condition!!

Anyway for now I'll enjoy losing weight until I get to where I want to be.. I suspect maintaining my weight once I get there maybe my next challenge.. so I maybe back!

Thanks for your help :)

Kati

Calorie intake needed? 5 months 3 weeks ago #4166

• Uniont
  • Fresh Boarder
You're doing great! I think the most important and the hardest thing to do is to maintain your weight and avoid future weight gain! :blush: ;) This is the problem i have at the moment so i spend a lot of time on onlinepharmacyreviews.org
Last Edit: 5 months 2 days ago by Uniont.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds