This briefing paper provides guidance on how groups should publicise their meetings using in house publications and the web site.
All groups must ensure their meeting dates and other events are regularly included in the Society’s quarterly publication Dystonia Matters and on the group’s individual webpage on this website.
If groups do not have any meeting dates in 3 consecutive issues of Dystonia Matters we will make contact with the group co-ordinator to see if there is a problem. It is important that dates regularly appear in these places to provide open access for all those seeking local support and to ensure they have the best opportunity to make contact.
Getting Group meeting dates in the Dystonia Matters Calendar
Group details and meeting dates appear in each issue of Dystonia Matters. This magazine is published four times a year. We, therefore, collate group meeting dates and details four times a year to keep the group calendar pages up to date in Dystonia Matters. In order to meet the copy deadlines for The Society's magazine we need group meeting dates as follows for each issue:
- Spring issue (March):
- publication date of this issue is the end of February;
- therefore the copy date for group meeting dates to be provided by the group to UK Office is the end of January;
- for meeting dates in March, April, May & June are required for this issue.
- Summer issue (June):
- publication date of this issue is the end of May;
- therefore the copy date for group meeting dates to be provided by the group to UK Office is the end of April;
- for meeting dates in June, July, August & September are required for this issue.
- Autumn issue (September):
- publication date of this issue is the end of August:
- therefore the copy date for group meeting dates to be provided by the group to UK Office is the end of July:
- for meeting dates in September, October, November & December are required for this issue.
- Winter issue (December):
- publication date of this issue is the end of November;
- therefore the copy date for group meeting dates to be provided by the group to UK Office is the end of October;
- for meeting dates in December, January, February & March are required for this issue.
You can let us know your dates (including date, time, venue etc) by emailing email@example.com. Alternatively you can phone 0845 458 6211.
Getting Group meeting dates on your Groups web page
It is possible to up date group web pages at any time. We will update each group web page with the information that is submitted for inclusion in the calendar for Dystonia Matters. We can include a number of events on your web page. We can include the date, time, venue (please include a postcode where possible) and brief details of the event. Please check your webpage to make sure the information we include about events is correct. In between Dystonia Matters copy deadlines if you need to add or change a date/venue or other information please let us know and we will amend the webpage accordingly. We will aim to make these changes as soon as possible.
Letting us know your dates for the whole year
Some groups set their meeting dates for the whole year in advance. If your group does this you can provide us with the whole calendar for the year. If you do this please make sure you keep us up to date with any changes you make to your calendar.
If you change dates
Please let us know if you make changes to your planned meeting dates. We may not be able to update the calendar in Dystonia Matters but we can amend the details on your web page and on the information we give out by phone.
Regular meeting dates
If you meet on a regular day (eg the last Thursday of every month) please give us the actual dates of your meetings in addition to the generic day so there is no confusion. If we do not receive actual dates we can only indicate that you meet on, for example, “3rd Wednesday of every month – please call for dates”.
Please let us know your meeting details or amendments by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively you can phone 0845 458 6211.