Our e-newsletter is sent out bimonthly - you can read articles from each e-newsletter by following the links below.
If you would like to receive the e-newsletter please sign up
Edition 34: May/June 2015
Edition 33: March/April 2015
- What happens in the brain to cause dystonia?
- New Facebook Group for Scotland
- Non-motor symptoms: Are we underestimating them?
- James Sutcliffe: My dystonia story
- Go Green for dystonia!
Edition 32: January/February 2015
- Coping with dystonia: Take our online survey
- Strategy Questionnaire results
- Speech & swallowing difficulties
- Monica Docherty: Spreading the word
- Host a Tea Party for Awareness Week
Edition 31: November/December 2014
- Sensory tricks & coping techniques
- Strategy questionnaire
- Deep brain stimulation
- Corinna Dooley: Changing perceptions
Edition 30: September/October 2014
Edition 29: July/August 2014
- Droopy eyelids, double vision and other botulinum toxin side effects: what to do?
- Neurological Alliance: Patient Experience Survey
- Dystonic Tremor
- Emma Bell: Living with the enemy
Edition 28: May/June 2014
- Dystonia Q+A with Dr Marion
- Physiotherapy & the management of focal dystonias
- New Honorary Friend of the Dystonia Society: Stephen Fry
- Karen Hampson: Don't give up hope
Edition 27: March/April 2014
- Managing dystonia
- Cerebral Palsy with dystonia
- New research project at Warwick: Improving living with dystonia
- Awareness Week Thunderclap: Sign up now!
- Q+A with Dr Marion: Send us your questions!
Edition 26: January 2014
- Taking Control of your dystonia
- Feedback from Living With Dystonia days
- What is wrong with my voice?
- Jim Robertson: Student of the Year
Edition 25: November 2013
- Research proposals for laryngeal dystonia
- Global Dystonia Registry: Join now!
- New medical advisor: Dr Kathryn Peall
- Mary-Rose Stokoe - My dystonia journey
Edition 24: September 2013
- Dystonia and pain
- The New NHS: How it may affect people with dystonia
- The Dystonia Society: What we did over the past year
- Dystonia Videos
Edition 23: August 2013
- Treatment of neck dystonia with psycho-motor retraining
- "How I ended the wrestling match between my brain and my throat"
- New research projects from DMRF
- Launch of self-management project
Edition 22: July 2013
- Dystonia and mental health
- Dystonia Europe conference in Edinburgh
- New Medical Adviser - Dr Marie-Helene Marion
- Living with cervical dystonia - research opportunity
Edition 21: June 2013
- When botulinum toxin injections are not working
- Jackie Deakin & Newbigin Family Essay Prize - winners announced
- Dystonia & weight-training
Edition 20: May 2013 (Awareness Week Special)
- Medikidz help launch Awareness Week 2013
- Online awareness case studies
- New leaflet: Drugs used for dystonia
- Help us raise awareness: forward this to a friend!
Edition 19: April 2013
- The basal ganglia & dystonia
- Take our online Diagnosis Survey
- Dystonia Awareness Week 2013
- Your guide to P.I.P.
Edition 18: March 2013
- Tremor & dystonia
- Brain Awareness Week 2013
- New research in functional dystonia
- Physiotherapy & neck dystonia
- Host a Tea Party for dystonia!
Edition 17: February 2013
- Dystonia & Genetics: Is dystonia inherited?
- Younger Adults' Facebook group
- What's new in dystonia research?
- Amanda Shirtcliffe - Rio 2016 Para-Dressage hopeful
Edition 16: January 2013
- PIP: Final criteria published
- Update on Channel 4 News' DBS story
- New genes for dystonia discovered
- "New Year, New You" - how art can help enhance your life & reduce stress
Edition 15: December 2012
- Botulinum Toxin: Managing swallowing difficulties
- Living With Dystonia day focusing on Childhood Dystonia
- Dopa-responsive Dystonia research opportunity
- Update on Deep Brain Stimulation in England
Edition 14: November 2012
- Is pain managable?
- Great start to online awareness campaign
- Larangeal Dystonia: What does it mean for the patient?
- Advocacy Project: One year on...
Edition 13: October 2012
- Lessons from the treatment questionnaire
- New groups launched
- A guide to the benefits system
- "Life Regardless" - a short film on Dystonia
- 5k-a-day....for 50 days!
Edition 12: September 2012
- Dystonia and Mindfulness
- Dystonia treatment questionnaire - last chance to have your say
- "Determined to cope" - dealing with dopa-responsive dystonia
- Dystonia Society Annual Review
- A Lasting Legacy - leaving gifts in Will
Edition 11: August 2012
- The role of muscles in neck dystonia
- Dystonia treatment questionnaire - make your voice heard
- "A stony, thorny path" - one member's experiences of DBS
- Frank's big fundraising adventure!
Edition 10: July 2012
- Have your say on Dystonia treatment
- Dystonia Essay Competion launched
- Channel 4 News reveals postcode lottery for Dystonia treatment
- Get running for Dystonia
Edition 9: June 2012
- Dystonia treatment - what you've been telling us
- Diagnosing eye dystonia
- Specialist "Living with Dystonia" day
- Dystonia - what's changed in 30 years
- Tea party success
Edition 8: May 2012
- Botulinum toxin
- Improving treatments
- Leading a creative life
- DMRF head attending Birmingham event
- A month of marathons!
Edition 7: April 2012
Edition 6: March 2012
- Secondary dystonia
- Going through DBS
- Benefits update
- New volunteer coordinator: Emily Richardson
Edition 5: February 2012
- DBS - the campaign continues
- To speak or to sing
- Musician's dystonia
- New medical adviser- Mark Edwards
- Cross Country
Edition 4: January 2012
Edition 3: December 2011
- 2011 Injectors Forum
- Changes to employment and support benefits
- Dystonia on a small island
- Bike rides May 2012
Edition 2: November 2011
- 5th International dystonia symposium
- Dystonia advocacy service
- Playing through the pain barrier
- Fundraising - Marathon / 10k
Edition 1: October 2011